Wednesday, January 16, 2013

MY FIRST ABSTRACT PAINTING

Many years ago I stumbled upon my first abstract painting experience.  Abstract expressionism found me: not the other way round.  At a watercolor plein aire workshop led my an artist I knew and admired the scene was set.  We were working on a window box full of flowers when suddenly: boredom !  I started to work away from the subject intrigued with form and shape.

                                                               A new paradigm!

 When the workshop leader came by, he said" Well, this is different for you...!"  He was right.  As the pundit says, I done seen the light!  I never looked back.  As part of a small gallery in Rhode Island, I sold many of these "Happy Bouquets" as they were called.  I had fun with the lace, the color and everything else.....

There was also the discovery of hot press watercolor paper.  This paper allows the paint to sit more on the surface, making it amenable to caresses by the brush and other tools.  New techniques all your own can be developed in a dance of color and form.  I also love working on clayboard, another
exciting surface.  Perhaps, I will work on a video regarding these.
                                               
                                                  Who knows...would anyone like that?

What led you to like or paint abstract?   



Happy Bouquet
Sandra J. Pineault
watercolor on hot press paper
1997


More: on a wonderful abstract exhibit currently happening....
and my love affair with abstract art.





1 comment:

  1. Nice answer back in return of this issue with firm arguments and explaining the
    whole thing regarding that.
    Here is my page : diets that work

    ReplyDelete

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!