Friday, August 24, 2012

MATISSE AND ME


MATISSE AND ME
6 x 6 inches
collage on canvas
Sandra J. Pineault, artist
August 2012


Some time ago I cut these pieces out of an old unwanted painting.
Somehow the shapes pleased me and I did not want to discard them.
They have been sitting in a corner of my art table for months along with
other interesting scraps.  Finally, when I found this little canvas, I decided
to do a Matisse -type collage.  The negative shapes are clear. It is still not adhered so
I can play around with them as I want.  Sort of like an artist-puzzle.
I always suggested to my students that they keep bits and pieces like this, they
almost always come into play at some time or another.







No comments:

Post a Comment

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!