Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finding a Mission for One's Art

 Sample of an Uncommon Gift Card
by Sandra Pineault

Recently, a dear friend sent me a prayer shawl knitted with prayer
by a group from her Church in Rhode Island.  It touched me deeply.
She also told me she had sent one to another friend facing open heart surgery 
and had included one of my original gift cards.
 Both gifts pleased and reassured this friend
that she was surrounded by love and prayer.

I decided to participate in this group's mission by sending them some
of my cards to be included with each prayer shawl they make.
I have requested a shawl for a 5 month old little girl
facing complicated heart surgery tomorrow.

It is satisfying to know that my art will touch someone and their
loved ones with the reminder that others are thinking of them and praying for
their recovery.

I am grateful to my friend for showing me the way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!