Monday, September 24, 2012

TRIALS AND INSPIRATION

Good morning:  new additions to the sidebar: if you would like to translate the text in my blog check out the translate function.  Also, do not check the map for now: I just started another blog of Memoirs of Growing Up  http://schoolstvillage.blogspot.com and Clustrmaps had a Monday confusion and got them mixed up.  Hope to remedy this soon.


Meanwhile, I have also been happily meandering through  Pinterest fields and enjoying a plethera of
inspiring samples for my Art Journal...and much else.  It is a place to find treasures.

Here is a good one: wouldn't I love this studio..  Perhaps a hobbit or two a la' Tolkin would stop 
by for tea.....  Thanks to the wonderful blog: My Perfect House for this and more.




In a more serious vein I found these on Pinterest.  Some of the great abstract artist Cy Twombly's
journal pages.  I strive, as I do with my painting, to let go of the holding back my hand gets into
when I do my pages.  


Cy Twombly
Poems to the Sea , 1959
oil, graphite, wax crayon on paper.


Cy Twombly
Apollo and the Artist, 1975
Journal Page


The second is my favorite.  Meanwhile, I play and play
and continue to pursue the new path I am on.
I feel that I want to simplify and these pieces show the way.






No comments:

Post a Comment

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!