Wednesday, July 25, 2012







SAMURI BUTTERFLY
acrylic on canvas
12 x 12 inches
July 27, 2012

Worked more on this piece to simplify the design taking out extraneous shapes and shadows and
connecting it to the edges.  As a mentor I  knew said, you do not want the
painting to look like it is afraid to touch the edge.

I have not done a piece like this is in  a long, long time and
it feels  good. This is a third or fourth layer as I  bring it home...at least for now.

The gold collaged area is from very interesting gossamer-like  paper that my grocery store used
to wrap a bouquet of flowers.. you never know what can be recycled into
collaged art.

The painting now has a new name. BUTTERFLY was suggested by
4 year old Riley, one of my twin nieces. I added the Samuri as it seemed to fit.
These two little gals just earned their white belt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!