Monday, December 12, 2011

THE ELEGANCE OF LINE

Last week, perusing a new and exciting gallery in Avondale, a suburb of Jacksonville, Florida, I came upon the most delightful illustrations for a children's book.  The author: J. Gator Williams, was reading that evening as part of the local Christmas Art Walk.

The elegance of the lines was hypnotic and mesmerizing, a treat for the eye as well as the imagination.
For these were true feats of the imagination - they danced with it! Full of surprises, each drawing called for deeper looking to find tiny secrets.





I once worked on illustrations for a children's book. I did reams of exhaustive research.

BUT I DID NOT HAVE FUN !!!

Not like R. Gator Williams had fun.  If you live around Jacksonville, you know
that even his name is fun....

Next blog, I will explore my history of drawing a lot more...
hopefully, you will join me.

Visit Avondale Art Works 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!