Thursday, May 16, 2019

FAHRENHEIT ART


 I believe each of us tend to stay safe in a few colors that do not disturb-ourselves or others.
You cansee that in the many posts on Facebook of beginning artists that try the old stick in the mud style.  This tends to happen when layering with color before the previous layer is dry.

I am becoming more comfortable with pure color.  That is the beauty of using black which set off brighter colors and make them glow in high temperature.

That happened with this full two page experiment in my journal. I especially like the
 right hand upper corner where it looks like the black and white butterfly shines in contrast.
Yin and yang in art is a great help in everything we do,

In my stash I found a sketch of a white flower which I cut out and put in the left page right
corner.  The white floral mid left is aa photo cut from a gardening magazine. The photos are from a long ago trip to Musee d' Orsay in Paris. I did add some text to the butterfly side.

I wore a disposable glove and used fingers to put on the paint and once in a while I dripped.
New technique I have not used before.





My goal is to get looser and more adventurous in these journals.
They are part experiment and partemotional expression.
Because there is no time limiter expectationon these pages
I sometimes go back in to one
or another and add something else.

I am on a journey that I love and have earned. 
Giving yourself permission to do something that
is just fun and adventure is a true gift and health-ful in many ways.  
Like inner tai chi or yoga.
A way to highlight persons or places that hold a beautiful place in your heart.

                 

                          Splash, puddle, finger-paint, play with glue and pieces of pretty paper...



                                     We need to go  back to kindergarten....meet
                                                        you there..............
  










style

No comments:

Post a Comment

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!