Sunday, May 5, 2019

SING YOUR OWN SONG


                                                           

Any type of art wants to reflect MYSELF or in your case YOURSELF.  Often hard to do as we You Tube and drift through the art of so many other people.  Letting go is a life long struggle in so many areas. This is my personal art journal and fear of what others think should not dissuade me one bit.

I have learned through another journalist not to fear "the dark" of black. Wow, what a message
for life!!  I did this page this morning and I love it.  The message is a motto I try to sing.
I squiggled and pinned through this piece. In the beginning I thought I would tear it out. But I kept
grabbing this media or that one.  My collection of pieces from the gift my neighbor gave me of
her old gardening magazines helps a lot.  The goldfinch was from my late mother's stash of photos which I have in my iPhoto album. I love that she and I are collaborating here.

I used stencils and stamp colors. I like there is no odor and no mess. I managed to layer here, too, which is a big goal of mine.


There are a few things I might "fix" but this is an authentic piece and I do not want to spoil it.

I find it helpful that I am creating something out of the pages where I have written so much.
For me, it is like imbuing those pages, sometimes painful, of new life.  This is an altered book. but my own journal pages over the years.

Here is a great source I found this morning that helps that freedom grow...

https://www.karen-gaunt.com/blog/altered-book-art-techniques





No comments:

Post a Comment

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!