Sunday, May 19, 2019






DRAGON FLY MAIDEN FLIGHT






Good Sunday morning:

Over the past few days I have been working on this piece,
 half of afull page spread. I have been doing pages 
that take little time but this one was different.  

My base layer was a lovely napkin I found
in my napkin stash.A nice surprise.
I am at the point where organizing 
my stash is crucial 
as I do not know what I have.

Using an undercoating of white gesso and after
separating all FOUR
layers of the napkin,  I glued it with the gesso. 
I like to crinkle it with my fingers so it gets
really "antiqued".Then let it dry.

I then took a strip of another napkin and glued that
 down on the left side so it was stronger
and provided for another
 layer giving more depth of field.  

The bird is a cutout which I outlined in
 black pencil for more
definition. I did use an apricot marker
to bring out theadjacent flower.  

Then a new speckle stencil with green color. Later
I brushed white gesso over some areas to give it more
mystery and mistiness. I brushed the gesso here and there
to do just that in other places as well.

Two more darker florals cut from a napkin added
to lower right corner. 
See why this took more time?

Finally, after finding this dragonfly cutout
(from a cover of a bookabout the famous Lalique dragonfly).
 I cut out thisprecious and put it over a piece
of abstract writing cut in a circle.

The cutout from a photo left bottom is of a butterfly and blossom which
I am not sure I would do again. But ,it has the same hues and
combined with the acrylic pieces adds another focal point.

Added, starting in lower left and coming over bottom, some
pieces of acrylic paintings I had done years ago. I have a 
lot of these and will use more in other pieces. 

Art just keeps on giving....

I very much enjoyed doing this one. I am working on what
message to place on the other panel.
 Used new techniques
and learned others.

This took my journal to a new place and
me along with it!











2 comments:

  1. As a Sag I love RED. It is the color of Love and excitement of passion too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too...thanks for visiting and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

To blog readers: it would be great if you would add a comment!